This is a sponsored blog post, which means that SmartySymbols is offering a free personal use membership to a reader of this blog in exchange for this review. The opinions expressed in this review are those of Sarah Wu and do not reflect another person’s opinion or feelings.
I confess: I love clip art. But most of the clip art available online doesn’t help me as a speech pathologist. It’s either low quality, too “cutesie,” or it doesn’t help me teach a child functional communication.
I used to use Boardmaker, but I found the software challenging to use — how often I clicked something wrong and got my images mixed up. The search function on Boardmaker was wonky and I thought the grids were inflexible. I always felt like it took me twice as long to get something done than it should have.
Here’s where Smarty Symbols comes in handy!
Smarty Symbols has images for every communication function and situation — and they are organized into categories to easily locate what you need. Not only are templates available to use with their images, but when you become a member, you can download the images directly to your computer to manipulate them yourself.
I like that Smarty Symbols incorporates a diverse cast of boys and girls, as well as an older man. Also Smarty Symbols are high quality and not cutesie.
Speech Spotlight bloggers feature Smarty Symbols in the following products:
- My product Apraxia Bible in Spanish – my store is “Sarah Wu – Speech is Beautiful.”
- Susan Berkowitz used Smarty Symbols in her No Print No Prep Categories Categories for Speech Therapy
- Alberta Speechie’s pronoun resource Pronoun Train
- TLC Talk Shop’s Receptive & Expressive Language Builder: Winter Edition
- Beautiful Speech Life’s Adapted Prepositions Book Bundle for Special Education
- Looks Like Language’s File Folder Sentence Activities for Autism – Playground!
To enter the giveaway for a FREE one-year personal use membership to Smarty Symbols (access to images for use in creating your own products for your caseload and not for sale), please enter the Rafflecopter below: